green tea-does it help with weight loss

does green tea help weith weight loss? and are the green tea gums and supplements safe to use if i am breastfeeding a baby/toddler

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 5:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Green tea has caffeine in it, so if you use it, but aren't taking caffeine, make sure you buy decaf. I'm not sure if it truly helps w/ weight loss, but it is really good for you and low calorie as long as you don't add a ton of sugar. I doubt the gum and supplements are more than just a gimmick.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes it does, but it works just as well if you just drink the stuff, then you don't have to worry about them adding extra crap that isn't safe for breastfeeding, or healthy for you.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Green tea helps with weight loss if you are drinking it instead of pop. Green tea itself is safe to drink while you are breastfeeding, the supplements I would think are not so good for you. If you are really looking for weight loss have you tried excercise and watching what you eat? My Mom has tried so many diets and the only thing that works is to eat more healthy meals and she walks every day. She lost 100 lbs.... and has kept it off for two years now. The trick is to make lifestyle choices, not look for quick fixes.

Good luck!
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 5:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh I forgot to add, it does have some caffiene in it, but it's only the amont of a 1/3 cup of coffee. My doctor told me that it was safe to drink 2 cups of coffee a day while I was pregnant or breastfeeding, so by that logic you could drink 6 cups and still be safe, but you really only need to drink 2-3 per day to help with wieght loss
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Tea does help, but the jury is out on the supplements. The best thing is green tea itself, preferably not decaf because the decaffeinating process takes out some of the catechins and antioxidants. And it's really only going to do you good if you drink several cups a day and make healthy eating choices too.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 5:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It is supposedly helpful but on Dr. Oz it was mentioned that you have to drink tons of it to get the benefit of helping with weight loss.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• it can! i drank it when i lost the weight from my pregnancy. i drank it consistantly (2 or 3 cups a day). i still drink because of all the other health benefits it has too. actually, here's an article i wrote about it. http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5828924/green_tea_natura_safe_weight_loss.html?cat=5
    wiferichie

Answer by wiferichie at 6:36 PM on Oct. 4, 2010

• Thank you for posting.
    Green tea helps to boost metabolism because of EGCG

الشاي الاخضر وفوائده - الشاي الاخضر للتنحيف - مضار الشاي الاخضر

Joudy

Answer by Joudy at 9:49 PM on Jul. 19, 2014