is 2.5 year still a bit young for Thomas Day Out?

My son is a train f-r-e-a-k! He adores Thomas and friends. The Thomas Day out event is happening next month relatively close to my town. Tickets are running out fast, but something is holding me back. I'm just not sure if spending the $40 plus dollars for tickets/travel/food would be a good idea for his age of 2.5 years? He might get way overstimulated. Should I wait till he's 3?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• If he will enjoy it and you will enjoy it with him the by all means go!! WE took our DD to Disney World at not quite 2 and she LOVED it! She still enjoys looking at the pictures and the princess who kissed her!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I wish they would have something like that here. I'm sure yours would enjoy it, especially if he's a Thomas the Tank Engine fan.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think he will LOVE it.

thomas day out Pictures, Images and Photos

Have fun and take lots of pictures.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Go for it,GO. You will BOTH have a blast! I took my little ones to a Barney Concert a LONG time ago. It was fun!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• GO GO GO!
    Heck, I'd go for you if I knew where it was! My son would absolutely LOVE that! He's going to be two tomorrow!
    Just take the day slow and make sure to bring snacks, drinks, etc for those moments when you guys need a break. Bring a stroller too. He won't want to walk everywhere. But yes, GOOOOOOOO!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• NO we took my son at 2 1/2 and he LOVED it! My daughter was 1. We had a good time. I would like to take my youngest but not sure. She is 2 1/2 and loves Thomas!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My son LOVES Thomas too... if I knew of something like that around here I would probably bring him, he would LOVE it. My son is 26 months... so about the same age.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yes go if this is the only time the opportunity will present itself. He'll have pictures forever. If this event only happens in your area rarely, he may be too old the next time around. He will be so tickled, you'll remember his smiles forever. have fun.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 6:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Perfect age for it my DS was that age when we first took him. Have Fun!!!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Is he too young? probably, a little. Will he get overstimulated? maybe, even likely Will he remember the event? no, probably not one single bit.

Is the price of tickets, travel, and food a burden on your budget? That's an important factor to consider. Is that what is holding you back?
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 7:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010