How do you make your steak?

I have some steak that's about an inch thick.... how do you make yours? I want to try something different...

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You can pan fry them. Since they are an inch think, it will not take long at all.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Marinate it and grill it or broil them. Pan fry and add onions and let simmer for a while then dump the grease off the and add canned tomatoes or ketchup and make swiss steak, fry it and then dump the grease off and add some cream of mushroom soup or cream of celery soup to it this could be done in the crock pot also when you have time
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• a marintae them for a while then i either fry them or put them in the oven
    Reese23

Answer by Reese23 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I salt and pepper the outside, then let it sit about 30 min to get closer to room temp.

Then I heat a cast-iron skillet up on the stove on high, and at the same time, preheat the oven up to about 450-500 degrees.

I rub a little olive oil on the steak - or if I'm lazy, pour a tbsp in the skillet. Then plop the steak in about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Once it's been seared on each side, I take the whole skillet and put it in the oven for about 10 minutes, depending on how done I want it.

Just make sure you let it rest for about 5 minutes before cutting it and NEVER flip with a fork!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I like my steak grilled.
    kbpegasus

Answer by kbpegasus at 8:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i marinate with both dry rub and wet marinade for at least overnight...i use a variety but the staples are Worchestershire sauce, Garlic, Onion powder, Salt and Pepper, then from there i go nuts, if we want like a teriyaki flavor I add either orange or pineapple juice some ground ginger and brown sugar.....or a spicier flavor add cajun seasoning
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• one thing to remember about steak is it keeps cooking even when you take it off the heat so always remove from heat while still pink in the middle
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Season & grill. I won't eat it any other way than grilled.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I use the George Foreman Grill with seasons.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My husband marinades it and grills it. He makes the marinade and uses the food saver marinader. If I am using steak, it's usually in fajitas, swiss steak, stir fry, or other dishes where it is sliced into smaller pieces.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010