Has anyone else had issues with blood pressure since having their kid(s)?

I've always had issues, but only because I suffer from anxiety and paranoia. So the thought of going to the doctor has always stressed me out. Well, when I got pregnant I eventually developed pre eclampsia which lead to an early, induced delivery. My daughter is now two and I go through periods where I have issues with my blood pressure. I was on medication for a while but my doctor said that I didn't need it, it was just nerves from going to his office. I'd also like to mention that when I take it at home, it's usually pretty good unless it's one of "those" days. Just wanted to see if I'm the only one or not. :)

poptart0325

Asked by poptart0325 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• Yes, my blood pressure fluctuates. I am not on medication though.

Having kdis does stress you out a little and I guess that make the B.P.go up! LOL!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• mine is always low..I guess stress does not affect my BP! LOL My mom has high BP and always says I should because of stress but I never do so far.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• mine is always like 110/60..one time it was 120/80 and me that was high..LOL Have you changed your diet at all to help? I have to be careful cause high BP runs in our family.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had no problems with my 1st, but with my second I developed pregnancy induced hypertension. DD was delivered 4 weeks early. After 4 weeks, my bp went back to normal (on the high/normal side of 120/80) This was in 2007. Now 3 yrs later, I have high bp and taking meds for it. Unfortunately for me, its hereditary because I'm only 5lbs overweight according to my BMI which the dr said shouldn't cause high bp. I workout, eat a very healthy low sodium diet and nothing worked.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My doctor just put me on medicine monday for my blood pressure. Im only 21 and I think it sucks, but he told me if I lose weight I might be able to get off in a couple of months. My 2 month old doesnt help it tho...
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 5:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Mine will go from the 120/80's to 150/100's, at times even higher than that. Having kids does stress you out, I can definitely agree with that.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 5:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You're lucky, hill2. I wish mine was low. lol.
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 5:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am 21 also. I have lost a total of 30 pounds since March. I'm not officially under 200 pounds and I have changed my diet completely. Sadly it's hereditary for me too. Almost every person in my family has it. But I stay so paranoid and stress over the littlest things, I know that contributes to why mine is so high. I'm thinking of scheduling a doctor's appointment just to go get checked out and make sure I don't need to be put on meds again. Blood pressure machines are my worst enemy!
    poptart0325

Comment by poptart0325 (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010