Not paying your bills and/or rent is STEALING!!!!

Why don't people understand that not paying your bills is stealing. If you receive the goods or services and you do not pay for them that is stealing. That makes you a thief.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 5:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• It is stealing until it's paid for. Many of those back debts get forgiven when someone pays a small amount on it because the person thinks it is better than nothing.
    aacg12

Answer by aacg12 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yeah most poople that aren't paying their is NOT because they want too! Most people like their lights and a place to live. Most people prefer their kids are not HOMELESS!! Its called financial hardship and we have all had issues time to time I am sure...
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I haven't been able to pay my mortgage in 9 months...I still owe the money... all 9,990 dollars of it. When I get my modification and they lower my payment and I start paying again...I will STILL owe that money, just st the end of the loan.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• ok...well people might have there reasons and problems...maybe they need to feed there kids...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 5:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I think this is a little extreme. It's not black and white when it comes to utilities and shelter for your kids. Most people don't not pay their rent because they want to live for free.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It's not like the debt ever goes away. So unlike robbing a store or piggy backing your neighbors cable and 'getting away with it' you are still held accountable. It's not right but I think stealing is not the right term.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think that is extreme... I was late I'm might light bill so call the police because apparently I'm a theif... I'd rather have a food and shelter for my son then make a snotty b*tch like you happy
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Maybe you dont know what it is like to have to choose paying rent or utilities. I do, and it is very hard. I am not robbing a bonk or stealing your purse, it is not theft! Its called BROKE!!!!!!!!!
    melissac9903

Answer by melissac9903 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• THEN IF THEY CAN NOT COVER IT THEN THEY SHOULD NOT RENT IT OUT...when you are a landlord you need to be in a secure place you can not always depend on the tenant's cuz shit happens...and it's sad that you look down on those people...I HOPE TO GOD THAT LIFE DOES NOT KICK YOU IN THE ASS and brings you down from that damn cloud you are living in...it's hard and you have kids don't spit in the sky mama...

iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 10:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well when people don't pay them, they get kicked out of thier house and get their power/ cable/ whatever cut off, so they if they don't pay I'm guessing they really can't. Having to pay late, and not paying at all are two very different things and I'm not sure which you are talking about
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010