Help with hair & makeup for a wedding.

My husband's friend is getting married on Saturday and my husband is a groomsman. I don't know the couple that well, and have no details on the wedding except that we're supposed to dress nicer than church but not black tie.

I have a nice black dress with a white print and black kitten heels, but I have *no* idea what to do with my hair or makeup.

My hair is longer than shoulder length, brown, and thin (but there is lots of it). It likes to get bushy so I can't "tease" it or anything like that. I have a straightener, curling iron, and lots of hair accessories, but NOT a lot of experience doing anything with my hair. I usually just wash and go.

As far as makeup... I am not great at that but I am competent. I have green eyes and fair-to-middle toned skin. I also don't want to draw too much attention to my mouth because I don't have great teeth - I'd like to emphasize my eyes. I have tons of makeup.

Any ideas? Thanks!!

WomanWitty

Asked by WomanWitty at 5:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Get some hair clips and play with it bringing it to an up do. I had a friend with thin hair and all she needed was one good sized clip. She would push her hair back and up and clip it. It hung loosely and always looked so great. Go easy on the makeup so you look chic and sophisticated!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• AS far as hair goes I would pull it half back and do some big barrel curls. I looked up some stuff on youtube and this is a good one for eyes.

But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dark eye makeup and a light gloss on the lips. Play up the eyes. Also for your hair. It might be easier to make a hair appointment. They aren't that bad $$ for a style. Something cute like twisting it with a flat iron is very pretty but not too played up for the bride.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would do a "bump" on the front of my hair ( the very front part) and curl the rest so it's loose curls, then put on some fake eyelashes (not too dramatic) and some eyeliner.... have fun!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree with pulling half of it back, or maybe pulling it to one side and big, soft curls and easy on the makeup would be a very classy look
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 9:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010