Do we owe the christians of america a big thank you?!!!

" The only reason America is still standing to day is because of the amount of Christians we have in this country that still care and pray for it. When the antichrist comes though, that will b the end of that...there will be Christians praying, but many will be decieved "

This is taken from the post a few down from this. I don't even know what to say to this, so I will put it out there for all of you. I am curious who feels this way as well. I have never heard anything like this...and WOW!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 6:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Actually, let's just settle this. I wasn't going to say anything, but Harry Potter and I are best friends. You may not believe in him, but that's because you are Muggles, and have been led to believe it's just a book series and not part of our history here in the wizarding world. Anyways, a few years back (we used a time turner) myself, Harry Potter and a few of our friends from Hogwarts set a bunch of protective spells around America. This is why it is still standing. Whether you believe that or not, it's TRUE, because that is what happened. You should really be thanking us and our wands. YOU'RE WELCOME.

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 10:08 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Uh, no. I think it is pretty arrogant to assume that only Christians do good for this country.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 6:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• As an atheist, jeeze sorry to be a part of the problem. I guess all my taxes, gainful employment, volunteer work/charities and kindness contributed regularly are negated by my lack of religious fervor. Sorry guys! I'm definitely what's wrong with America.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 6:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Last time I checked.

Christian Americans were not the only Americans that prayed for/ hoped for the well being of their fellow Americans or the country in general.

So I would have to say.............No................
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Umm.... Wow... Okay, I guess you could think that if you choose... Or you could seek therapy... Either way....

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• "Christian Americans were not the only Americans that prayed for/ hoped for the well being of their fellow Americans or the country in general."

beautiful pixie_trix! i couldnt have said it better!

OP i tend to discredit any statement that mentions the anti-christ coming...just as a matter of sanity.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i'd say you owe ANYONE a big thank you..anyone that works to make it a better country. whether that 'works' is in prayer or duty or service or whatever.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• "He exists and is owed your gratitude whether you believe in him or not."
    By this logic, we should also pay respect to the Queen of England. And at least we KNOW she exists. lol
    Op, I feel the people who serve for this country (i.e. military people), and people who activly do things to make a difference in this country are the only people who deserve out gratitude and thanks.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The quoted statement is both arrogant and ignorant. No gods created this country but people, doesn't matter of which faith. And if it is founded by Christians who invaded it and took land and many goods and resources from Native Americans, not to mention their lives in the name of Christianity, they can be given credit for that., most certainly.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 9:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• (Turning Sarcasm ON)
    The early Christians of America hunted and killed the natives. Maybe Native Americans owe the Christians a thank you too, because without their slaughter, America wouldn't be the great nation it is today, right? Obviously, the Natives didn't care or pray for their land enough, so we have to take it over to do the job properly, right?
    (Sarcasm OFF)

I don't owe the Christians anything.
    RebeccaA

Answer by RebeccaA at 10:36 AM on Sep. 23, 2010