Question for women whose husbands have had a vasectomy...

I have heard that there can be some side effects, like pain that never goes away, prostate issues, etc. Has your husband had any problems? Would he do it again if he could go back in time?

Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• dh had none of those issues. Is very happy to not worry about pregnancy since it was done (almost 15 years ago)
    tortkey

Answer by tortkey at 6:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Absolutely we would make the same choice. My husband had his 21 years ago next month. The only 'side effect' he has ever had was one bout of epididymitis. Inflammation of the epididymis. A few days of motrin and it was gone. My husbands best friend does have those inflammations more often. Some men never have them. The most important thing to remember no unprotected sex until a sperm check comes back with zero sperm present...dead or alive. LOTS of 'ooops' births happen like that. The greatest part...the freedom that comes from not worrying about getting pregnant. :)

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My husband had his vasectomy 18 years ago (nearly 19)..

He has never had any side effects like you are asking about.. He hurt (felt like he had been kicked in the gnads) for the first 24 hours. Took some ibuprofin and was good.. But that 's it.

If he had to do it all over again. Yep, he would most definitely do it again he said , " One of the best decisions I made in my life"............
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my dh had his done 6months ago and he's had zero problems, it was painful at first and the fact that he did it the day before our son's 1st birthday and 3 days before the big birthday bash was probably unwise but we're happy with the results and would do it again :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:28 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• He never had any problems or side affects from it and said he never regretted it.
    CoCoMom89

Answer by CoCoMom89 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It has been 12 years since my dh had his done and he hasn't had a single issue and neither of us regret that decision.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 9:29 PM on Sep. 22, 2010