how do you really find the true man that you want to marry and he wants to marry you? How long should you date before marrying?I am 39 years old and never experience a true and honest relationship, mind you I have 4 children 3 in high and 1 in elementary I have had many relationships because I have children and I want them loved sincerely as well. Have any ideals, or does anyone know any sincere, marriage type men to start a friendship with first and hope to lead to something more?

Not just anyone , I am not desperate ladies I am looking for friendship first.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• you should wait until you married to get imtimate, if a man can wait for you and is willing to wait then he respects you and respects God
    ISAIAHMOM632007

Answer by ISAIAHMOM632007 at 10:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Ditto the above answer! Plus don't try too hard, if you back off the searching the right guy will eventually just show up. Give it time, develop a friendship, save the intimacy for marriage, a guy who is willing to wait for you is the type of guy you want to find!
    Anonymous

• I do agree with the rest of the ladies, but I know exactly what you mean. I was married once at 23 with no children, another time for 20+ years, and have now, finally married the man that I was meant to be with. He was a major player, looking for the same thing, LOVE and being in Love, and now has finally found it at 60 years old. Love takes time and you never know when it will find you. I say, don't look and it will come to you when God knows its right. Good luck my friend, and God bless
    christybearskn

Answer by christybearskn at 10:40 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• You might want to try setting your priorities in reverse. Try finding a friend who grows to love you and your children instead of setting out to find a husband. As stated previously it will take time to start a friendship and nurture it and allow it to develope into a more intimate relationship. Until that time I would spend time with your kids, possibly at sports games or places where single dads might be and get to know ppl that way. You know if they are there they probably enjoy being with kids and know how important a man in a child's life can be. You might find someone to take your kids on outings with his kids or to the fair or the zoo. whatever the kids enjoy doing. Enjoy the quality time with ppl who care for you and your children. When it's right you can start thinking marriage. Right now just work on quality time with the kids.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:02 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Stop looking.... that's what I was always told. As soon as I did I found my Mr. Right. I actually started dating him to make an ex bf jealous, not one of my proudest moments. Never in a million years did I think he would be the man of my dreams!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:53 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• its hard to say... I was and am in a failing marriage and I let go of mr right... I can't seem to get over him... If you are quesitoning a relationship its probably not right. If you eat, sleep, breathe, every thought for this man then maybe he is the one only you can determine it.
    Anonymous

• why marry?Just date.I'm married I love my husband but man he is a pain in me arse.lol no seriously If that's what u want I wish u luck.You'll just know,its weird.keep in mind u can't change a man.Make sure to look for great communication.Much luck
    Anonymous