What would you do if you found a snake in your bathroom?

Snake Pops Up in the Bronx
By TAMER EL-GHOBASHY
Answering nature's call turned into a wild encounter for a Bronx man when he discovered a 3-foot yellow-and-white snake with bright red eyes perched on his toilet seat, authorities said Tuesday.

The man called 911 immediately reporting a "huge snake" in his bathroom late Monday night. Emergency services unit officers corralled the reptile and turned it over to the city's Animal Care and Control center in Harlem. It was to be evaluated there before making a trip to a snake sanctuary somewhere in the area, officials said.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 6:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I actually DID find a snake (a ball python) in my laundry room one day, heh. It was super weird, my roommate had a ball python that apparently he thought had died. So he buried it in the back yard. Well, I guess the snake was NOT dead, somehow dug himself up, and managed to come back inside. I went to the laundry room to do some laundry, and see this 4ft snake hanging from the wall.... Of course, my roommate had to be gone that weekend, and I didn't know what he did with the cage. So I got one of my cat carriers, picked up the snake, and put it in there. Then I called my roommate and asked "are you SURE your snake was dead, because either he resurrected himself, or I have some other big ass python slithering around my house", heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd shut the door and go call Animal Control.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OMG scary! i would scream my lungs out, grab all the kids and leave the house immediately and call animal control and/or the landlord! lol... my dh would probably be as freaked out as me because he is deathly afraid of snakes, if HE was the one who found it he'd probably faint :P That or he'd want to get a sword out of the closet and kill it himself @@ (decorative swords that we have stashed away until the kids are old enough to not want to play with them)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Probly exactly what he did. The level of my freaking out would be as to what kindof snake I thought it was (though I wouldn't try to catch it myself)
    Sarasmoonflower

Answer by Sarasmoonflower at 6:34 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• we use to get them in our tub sometimes. they would crawl up through the pipe. my brother or dad would usually catch them in a pillow case and take them out to the pond. my sister tried to shoot one with a bb gun once, the bb came back and hit her in the arm. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Call DH an make him get it outta my house!
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 6:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• And that is why I always look in the toilet before sitting down... even in the middle of the night. Light on and look... EVERY TIME!

I would shut the door and screech my head off! Then I would call animal control. And I would probably MOVE!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• call the pound. I'm scared of them
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Sounds like an albino burmese or ball python. It was probably a pet that got loose, because those are pretty expensive to buy, and not the most common. Personally I would call someone too because they could be fine, or they could be not very nice if hungry! If it were a gopher snake, or a rosy boa I'd pick it up and put it outside.

I won't live in Florida because of the loose pythons, eating people's dogs and cats...ish
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• eeek  Eek  I hate snakes. Close door and call husband.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010