How can I...?

I am a stay at home mom, we only have one vehicle so it makes going places hard (especially when he has odd shifts). We have no money for me to go to school on. I would love to get a degree (online) in something, anything (mostly to have something to do with my time to make me feel like I've done something more with my life than just have kids, love them to death, but starting to feel like I haven't accomplished anything except that and I wanted so much more for myself). I can't seem to find anything that I could get into that would be free for me and get a real degree. What about working from home that isn't a scam or that you don't have to invest in it first?

Sarasmoonflower

Asked by Sarasmoonflower at 6:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• have you looked into financial aid? or does your dh just make too much $$? go to the FAFSA website (fafsa.ed.gov? sorry can't remember exactly) and fill out the application for financial aide and it will tell u if you qualify or how much your expected family contribution should be. From there you should be able to find schools in your area or online that can help u get a degree of some sort. Good luck hon!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 6:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Look into a Pell Grant from the government. Go to USA.gov and research the Pell Grant. It is for low income families to go to school.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• For working at home, I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

If you are wanting to go to school, I also have some ideas for going back to school that do not cost you anything.  You can read about them here:    How to Get an Education Without Going Back to School, there are actually some universities that offer free courses to you!!

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 7:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yea check financial aid @ the school you want to attend
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Check into scholarships by visiting a counselor at a school you are looking at going to and that should help.  But for me, you can get started today doing a business from home in network marketing.  There's a reason why people who are rich recommend it (Like Donald Trump).  It gives the average person a real chance at making great income.  It is hard work and yes it does cost, but it takes money to make money unfortunately.  You might find some valuable info on my blog http://www.rozpearcy.com.  Please let me know if you have any questions!

RozPearcy

Answer by RozPearcy at 10:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am a stay at home mom - and I work from home - we also have only one car (don't you hate it?!) -anyways - I love what I do -I help educate people about the toxins in their life and how to eliminate them and save money - I am contributing financially to our household - and I love that I am helping people - improving their lives and health - I know that I am making a difference. I still have time to home school my 3 kids and to enjoy myself - this is an amazing business - I have a great online presentation that you can view and decide if this is what you are looking for - I look forward to hearing from you. Good Luck :)
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would check with the admissions office at the local university. It could be that with financial aid you can get your entire or most of your tuition paid.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:06 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I know the feeling, I myself had to get out there and do something, so i started my own Mary Kay business. With Mary Kay, I earn 50% on everything I sell and get to hang out with the girls and have fun, spend time with my family, work whichever hours I want, and earn money while doing it! Get in touch with me if you're interested in learning more!!
    mbdc

Answer by mbdc at 12:23 AM on Sep. 26, 2010