Keeping a dog on a porch

Is there much difference between that and keeping them chained to a tree outside? Our neighbors keep their dog on their porch -- it's screened but not climate controlled. I feel so sorry for that dog! Would you want to stay outside 8-10 hours a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• People do this all the time, but I always feel bad too. . I hope they take him in at night.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• our dogs stay on our porch...granted it's an open patio, and is in our large backyard..but with this heat, they're only out there for a few hours. keep the dog locked up on the porch where it can't run or anything, is cruel. it should't be staying out for 8-10 hours period, at least not until it cools down.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 6:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my husbands mom has a dog that is chained to their front porch 24/7 , It is so sad i think it is neglect , the dog is very aggressive and i think that is why.
    bekkaboo89

Answer by bekkaboo89 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Is there food and water? Cause that's what the animal control people would look for. Shade and food and water. Other then that, there isn't much you can do. As sad as it is. Poor pup
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 5:22 AM on Sep. 23, 2010