what do you do for a first birthday part in the winter

my daughters first b day is in november and i have no idea what to do that wont cost a ton

CourtnieR

Asked by CourtnieR at 9:48 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My sons first birthday is actually November 8th and I have been trying to figure out something also because of course I want it to be special for him but I am a single mom and obviously I cant go all out and do something extravagant. I was actually just thinking about going to chic fil a with a few members of the family and letting the kids play in the balls and order a couple nugget trays and do that. Just a suggestion :-) Good luck!
    Cadens_Mommy118

Answer by Cadens_Mommy118 at 9:53 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• do you live in a house or an apt? Maybe you can have a nice lil get together at your house?
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 10:10 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• It makes it hard .. we usually use the fellowship hall at our church.. but her birthday is Jan 10 and of course its really cold.. the last few times that we had her a party.. noone come and her feelings were hurt and I was just plain mad. So.. I really dont know what to suggest... a get together at home would be great just to let them know that they really are special..
    luvsfrogs

Answer by luvsfrogs at 10:21 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• 1st of all remember that ur baby has no expectations. This is a party 4 u & everyone to oooh & ahhh over her. It could be @ ur home for 2 hrs. Make sure baby is well rested when fam. arrive so they can spend a lil time w/her. Have a potluck, ask ea. family/friend 2 bring their fav. dish, rice/salad or paper plates. 4 the games, u can have a "Getting 2 know babys name" game. U ask q's bout baby & they write ans on paper. Winner gets a prize, ex: their favorite candy bar then do a Chinese birthday tradition or u can use this special occasion to start a tradition of your own! Pinata, musical chairs, as well as the Limbo! Have a guest sign in sheet for a keepsake. For FREE invitations go to www.smilebox.com. Take lots of pictures.

bigmofam808

Answer by bigmofam808 at 12:48 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Hope that helps and let me know how it goes. Have a great day!
    bigmofam808

Answer by bigmofam808 at 4:09 PM on Oct. 21, 2008