any tips on how to agree on a baby name

im 8 weeks pregnant and me and my boyfriend have picked out a girls name but cant come to an agreement on a boys name any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Baby Names

• Mutual respect, lots of conversation, explaining what you like and why, and knowing that you don't have to agree with each other's opinions but you do need to try to understand and appreciate how the other person is feeling.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 7:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Well, you have plenty of time left. The way DH and I did was this...we each made a giant list of all names we liked after going through name books, etc... then we handed our lists to eachother and we crossed off the names that we absolutely didn't like and left the names we'd consider, then we consolidated and get voting names up or down until we both found something we liked. Thankfully we have similar taste in names so it wasn't too too difficult, but it took much longer than 8 weeks!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 7:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Dh is really bad about looking at names. So I make a list of what I like. He vetos any he hates and we talk about what he likes. Then its back to the drawing board for more options.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• We had a list on the fridge where we both wrote down ones we liked. Sometimes after you see something several times it grows on you!!
    RunzWithScissor

Answer by RunzWithScissor at 7:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When it came to a girl's name, I had loved the same name sicne I was in high school so when we got pregnant and I told my husband the name, he instantly agreed that he loved it. So our daughter's name is Scarlett Abigail "Abby". But when it came to a boy's name, we were stumped. He wanted to name the boy Ezra and I wanted to name him Aiden Allister. So we threw out both name choices and looked online and names and we both wrote down names we liked. We finally agreed that we liked the name Brayden Thomas, but after we found out we were having a girl and after I gave birth to her, I was so glad she wasn't a boy because now I had that name. lol. Our next child's name will be a combination of names from loved ones that have passed.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Both you and your boyfriend make a list (seprately) then trade and just eliminate the ones you don't like and when you pick two then combine them or just start crying until he gives in to what you want! : ) You still have time to decide.
    mcme

Answer by mcme at 11:37 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Both of you make lists individually, and then go over them together. Give each name a minute to sink into your brain before you immediately say "Hell no." You have 32 weeks, so there's plenty of time to find something you both love!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 5:53 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you have plenty of time to decide..make a list..see if you have anything in common
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 24, 2010

• I agree with alexis_06 Make lists of likes and dislikes, see what you have in common... OR which you would both be good with!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:05 AM on Sep. 28, 2010

• I did all the searching for names while I was pregnant, and just threw names at my husband till he finally heard one he liked!
    I'd text him every time I thought of a couple more names I was considering, and he'd respond with his opinion :)
    You've got plenty of time so don't stress over it!
    Katie T.

Answer by Katie T. at 12:43 AM on Oct. 1, 2010