Should you know how many partners your SO had?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• i wish i did not know...but i don't care the pass is the pass...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 6:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I really don't think the number is important at all. Whatever somebody did in the past is just that, the past. I care more about whether or not he's ever cheated on somebody, to be honest.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 6:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, not unless you want a SO that is a virgin.

Answer by louise2 at 6:59 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I know and he knows how many partners we had, but I do not think it is a real importance because as other posters have said its the past and that shouldnt dictate your current relationship.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Me personally...........
    Married 25 years and that's just not something I have ever asked or cared about asking.. Who he had sex with before marrying me, is irrelevant to me.. All that matters is who he has had sex after marrying me.

As far as myself. I don't even know how many people I have had sex with. I never kept count. I never thought of it, and thinking about it now. I can't think of a reason why I would have kept count.. lol

Any other woman here has to decide for themselves if that is info they need or want to have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• O geez..

The "Anon" above is ME.... Pixie... Not sure why it is Anon, but it wasn't meant to be... LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• nope never ask. we been together 6 yrs have 2 kids....... i have thought about it b4 but never asked
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 7:03 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't know if it is something you should know, but it is something I do know...we discussed it early in our relationship...we both had been with other people in the past and it doesn't bother either of us.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• There is a significant difference between "Should you know?" and "Should you care?".

Like it or not, we are in a society of diseases, so you should know your exposure of risk. Also, it is a question of trust. If your SO cannot be honest about the past, good and bad, then how can real trust develop.

As for the "Should you care" part, probably not. Knowing his prior choices can shed light on who he is as a person. If he had a strong tendency to cheating, that would be good to know. If he had several partners in strong relationships, that says something too. Making a judgement on the quantity would be narrow-minded.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 7:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm sure Dh has had lots more than me. He's also 10 yrs older than I am so its a given he's more experienced. I know he was tested for STD's before we got together. Thats all I need or want to know.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010