Are you embarrassed by the number of sexual partners you have had?

I have only been with my husband. I think people think I am a prude when they hear I have only been with one partner.

I am anything but a prude. I was just lucky to find the right one the first time.

If you are embarrassed, why are you? Too many or not enough?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope.. I'm not embarrassed by that. No reason to be.. I chose to have sex with people I wanted to , when I wanted to. I've never had sex for any reason other than my own personal desire to do so. I don't think of sex or sexuality as something to be embarrassed about.

To be frank. I have no idea how many sexual partners I have had. I never kept count, never thought to.. And thinking about it right now, I can't think of a reason why I should have or would have.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 7:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Some people would say I have "too many"; I honestly don't know what the number is because really, who's thinking "okay, this guy's #6..." when they're having sex? It's stupid.
    First off, you wouldn't buy a car w/o test-driving it first, so why do the same with a man? and 2nd... if it's okay for guys to go sleep with whoever they want just b/c they're horny or bored, women should be able to as well. Just have standards about who you pick and be safe about it. :)
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am not embarrassed. No reason to be...what I did in my past was the past, and has shaped me into the person I am today.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope, not embarrassed. I never looked at sex as "finding The One", either. I like sex, I liked every guy I had sex with, but I certainly didn't LOVE them all. And my fiance is reaping the rewards for all that "practice", so he's not complaining!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 7:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It makes life a lot easier when you're married to the only person you've been with and ditto for your partner. I'm PROUD to say I've only been with my husband and I know he's %100 devoted to me and our marriage. I do not care if anyone thinks I'm prude, I think it's something special. And yes, we waited almost 4 years for our wedding night. :) Together a total of 9 years in exactly one week and I am so in love it should make your eyes roll lol
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have only been w/ my hubby and I am so happy for that:) I take sex seriously and am glad I found the right one to share it with. We have been together since we were 15yr olds and are now 26 and VERY happy:)
    3beautbabies

Answer by 3beautbabies at 9:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not in the lest bit. In the 80's my best friend & I were "groupies" we went to every concert that came to town, got back stage 100% of the time & partied with the rock stars, what ever party might mean! Great memories, & a lot of fun when I listen to 80's music in the car! Just thinking about it now brings a smile to my face!!!!
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 11:25 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• nope i'm not embarassed in the least bit. i've been with 3 and each one of them were committed relationships.

Moon_Mama

Answer by Moon_Mama at 7:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Not at all... I can't honestly give you a number because frankly I've never seen a reason to count. But every time I had sex it was because I chose to have sex and enjoy myself, so why would I ever be embarrassed? I look at it this way, whether you have 1 or 1000 partners, if YOU chose to have sex because YOU wanted to have sex and YOU made the choices that were right for YOU, then you have nothing to be embarrassed about!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• The only people I am worried about having that conversation with are my kids. I do not like my spouse to tell folks, but I just don't like people to make a judgement about something so irrelevant.
    WyndenSkie

Answer by WyndenSkie at 7:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010