How dangerous are cysts while pregnant?

I remember the OB saying that I had one in my first trimester with my son, and it just eventually went away. I've been having some cramping by my inner right and left hip (I'm guessing this could possibly be because ovarian cysts?).

A couple questions...

I have my first ultrasound on the 28th when I'll be 8 weeks, will they be able to tell if I have cysts from that?
Are cysts ever a concern during pregnancy and does it effect the baby?

ours

Asked by ours at 7:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They aren't usually dangerous at all. And they usually rupture and dissolve on their own. I've had surgery for them and peobably gonna do it again. But mine were huge, and debilatiaing. They aren't life threatening normally. Almost all women get them when they ovulate.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• iam 2 months pregnant and during my sonogram they saw i had 2, 1 in my uterus and the other in my ovary they are just gonna moniter the 1 in my ovary because it can grow as i progress in my pregnancy but they told me not to worry to much about it
    Snavarro08

Answer by Snavarro08 at 7:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• they are very common and will show up on sono if there ive read it can be a good thing because it means you have alot of a certain hormone
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Had one too.. and my mom. was told it's absolutely normal.
    DeathBat

Answer by DeathBat at 1:33 PM on Sep. 24, 2010