Where would I find laws on renting an apartment with heat inculed? In Maine?

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find information about renting a place with heat inculed and when the Landlord has to turn your heat on by law..

Thank you for your help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think you are misunderstanding her question.
    Her apartment has heat included, she wants to know when the landlord has to actually start providing it... like a date or if the temp falls below a certain degree.
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 12:22 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I have honestly never heard of that before, you're usually the one in charge of contacting the energy company and paying for your gas/electric.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 11:05 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't think the govt (law) can force a landlord to pay for services like that. I could be wrong but have never heard of it before. That's like telling someone that by law they had to sell shoe strings with the shoes they were selling. The buyer needs the strings to keep them on and wear them but if the seller doesn't want to provide them the law cant make them provide them. You could read rental ads to see if some apts provide heating. I know nothing about Maine but know that in Ky, IN, FL, and CA (where I've lived) apts can be found that provide all utilities. Call a Realty Co or a Govt Housing office and just ask them if they know where you can find one. You could even ask customer service at the heating co. If an extended stayed motels work for you that might be an option.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 PM on Oct. 20, 2008