Have you ever donated money to the local food bank?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Yes, I also organize an annual food drive.. well.. at least for the past 2 years and I plan to continue the tradition. My aunt was an incredible humanitarian and worked tirelessly trying to make a difference in the lives of others & one of her favorite benefactors was the Gemma E. Moran Food Bank. Aunt "Lu" was killed in a terrible car accident almost 3 years ago & after much grieving I decided to organize a food drive to honor her memory and to try to do what little I can to try to continue the amazing work she did for our community. I wish I could do more but as a single mom w/a teenager & a more than F/T career, a mortgage, 2 dogs... etc...?? Whoa... Wait! ..... even to me these sound like excuses! Hmmm???

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I've donated food, but never thought about donating money to them.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• No, I always just donate can goods. I've heard stories that the people who work for the food bank just pocket the money so I don't trust it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have personally never donated money, only canned or boxed food.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 9:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I am on disability and have to use the food bank. I have never donated money but I have donated food that I could not use. I want to personally thank all who do donate to this worthy cause.
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 6:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• yes, I have
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• No but I was told that the money donated to the food shelf goes further, because they buy food in bulk at huge discounts! So if anyone wants to donate, instead of going out and buy stuff espically to the food shelf, they should give money. But I donate food during drives and if I have stuff we cannot use.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 9:46 AM on Sep. 23, 2010