have you ever had an out of body experience?

last night i was sleeping..dreaming..idk..its hard for me to remember what it was about because it faded so fast as i woke up. When i woke up though I felt my body falling..(i was on my stomach) ..(my dh was awake and saw this too)..my body jerked as i caught myself with my hands. I looked over at him not too sure of what had happend, not even aware that i was asleep. I said "where are we, what am i doing?" I was really confused..and i was trying to remember why i was catching myself..but it wouldnt come to me. It all seemed so real though.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That's happened to me several times. It causes me to loose my breath when I wake up.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That really was an out of body experience. To bad you can't remember it all. I've had that a couple of times and like you I couldn't remember either. Hope we had fun tho.......lol

zbee

Answer by zbee at 7:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have had that happen several times. There are a couple of different theories of why that happens. One is that you actually were having an out of body experience and you started to wake up before your spirit had come back fully, and you "felt" it coming back. Another is that you were having a dream about falling from a building and you woke up as you hit the ground. The idea is if you hit the ground and don't wake up you are dead (although I wonder how they know this?). A third is that you had an irregular heartbeat and it woke you up.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh, I wanted to add, for most of my out of body experiences, I have been able to remember what I was doing while I was "out."
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• uhm, yea...I kinda live my life out of body......When I was little, less than 10 I would VIVIDLY fly over every where....I would just sit there and close my eyes and I guess dozed off IDK but it was Crazy....I've had the falling dreams my whole life and heard that same thing if you don't wake up you fell in your dream and died, but exactly how do they know that...is it a last words type of thing...people that just about die in their sleep wake up for 30 seconds and say "I was dreaming that I was falling and I hit the ground" and then they flatline? LOL sorry but it used to scare me as a kid but not anymore....though the falling in myself does bc i still wake up to this day from a dead sleep....I wonder if its any kind of sleep apnea or something...stop breathing=lack of oxygen to brain=vivid dream of falling=hitting surface=waking up=breathing again? could be ya never know?
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• That was just a dream....the body sometimes does that when you are between dreaming and waking. It isn't an "out of body experience",even though it does sound all exciting and spiritual,etc. Just isn't. You have a very active imagination. Lol.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:43 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yes...on purpose. It's called astral projection.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• If you mean your spirit leaving your body...no but I know people who have taken trips to Heaven in their sleep and while awake.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Actually I take that back yes I have... I have in my dreams gone to several places in the world. I don't do it on purpose. The spirit of the Lord takes me there Himself.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 1:53 AM on Sep. 23, 2010