HOW LONG

HOW LONG DOES BIRTH CONTROL USUALLY STAY IN YOUR SYSTEM AFTER YOU STOP TAKING THEM. I TOOK MY LAST PILL 8 DAYS AGO. AND HAD SEX WITH MY SO THE PAST 2 NIGHTS AND HE DID NOT PULL OUT WHEN HE EJACULATED. SHOULD I BE WORRIED?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Depends on what you take. The pill doesn't take but a few days I think. So not to be sarcastic but yeah you should worry....Give it about a week and take a HPT.
    Blessedmommy215

Answer by Blessedmommy215 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• most stay in your system for about 4-6 days... i wouldnt stress to much about it. begin taking it like you normally would. if when your monthly should come... and it doesnt or you have other pg symptoms... then take a hpt.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• it varies depending on what birth control you were one...i.e. i was on the NuvaRing and it can take a few months to get out of your system as to where the pills usually don't...so yeah i'd maybe take a test in a few weeks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I WAS TAKING LOESTRIN 24 PILLS. IF I RESTART A NEW PACK THIS WEEK SHOULD I STILL TAKE A HPT?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My doc said you could get pregnant right away, and she also said that you should use condoms for the first two months after you stop taking the pill so that your uterin wall can get thick. Otherwise miscarriages are more likely.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:32 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• If you were taking loestrin, you could be pregnant. I would make an appointment with the doctor who gave you the pills and talk to him/her. Loestrin must be taken on time everyday. If you don't want to be pregnant, then I would get some condoms until I could restart them the sunday after you start your period. THEN, you have to use condoms for the first week after until the hormones start working.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 12:36 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• does your so know about it? Is it a bad thing if you were to get preg??
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 2:01 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• YES MY SO KNOWS I TOLD HIM BEFORE WE HAD SEX THE OTHER DAY. IT WOULDNT BE A BAD THING IF I GET PREGNANT. WE JUST WANTED TO WAIT.
    Anonymous

• our plan isnt always Gods plan. If he thinks it is time then you will probably be preg. Good luck i hope it works out for you either way.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 4:28 PM on Oct. 20, 2008