AER Loan question- to the army wives

my dad had a heart attack while working in Key West. they had to fly him to miami, and thankfully all they need to do is put him on meds and a strict diet and excersize, but the thing is, he can't fly for a week or drive on his own. so i was going to see if i can get an AER loan to fly down there, drive him home, and then fly back home. nobody else can afford to do it, or afford a loan, and since the army is great with AER loan payments, and hubby is deploying soon, i figured paying it off won't be a problem. my question: will they let me get one, since it's me just going and not dh? dh is the one in the army, i'm just the spouse. i don't know if they'll give AER loans for just the spouse...does anyone know??

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 10:37 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Money & Work

• From the AER website:
    AER funds are made available to commanders having AER Sections to provide emergency financial assistance to soldiers - active & retired - and their dependents when there is a valid need.

AER funds made available to commanders are not limited and are constrained only by the requirement of valid need.

For these reasons, the AER assistance program is conducted within the Army structure by major commanders and their installation/organization commanders through AER sections and other related organizations
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:51 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I don't know much about the AER loans I thought that it was just for bills. Have your husbad go to his squad leader to find out more about it. If he can't get an AER there is a company called pioneer loans you can apply online or they may have an office near your post. Interest rates can be high but so long as your hubby can set up an allotment he's almost guarenteed to qualify. Hope your dad is doing better.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 11:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2008