Does it take a while for belly to get back to normal?

I have a 7 month old and am now loosing weight. My belly is still a little loose but I am doing crunches and ab work outs . It is geting so much better. Does it take a while some times? My sister said it took a yr for her.

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in General Parenting

• sometimes it just depends
    logan-n-kairi

Answer by logan-n-kairi at 10:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Before I had kids I had a VERY flat belly and I never did any kind of ab workouts. Well..then had my first son and altough I lost all my baby weight (plus 20 more lbs. for our wedding) my stomach never looked the same. There was still some loose skin and a ton of stretch marks. I've had my 2nd baby 3 months ago and I'm the heaviest I've ever been right now but I know my stomach is NEVER going to look the same as it did before kids. Hopefully you'll get lucky though!
    aubB06

Answer by aubB06 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• The stretched skin may not always go away with weight loss and exercise. I am having a really hard time with mine now. the stretch marks I still have from 7 years ago.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:18 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It really all depends. My first, second, and third it took about 6 months to get back to my normal weight. My forth is 13 months and i'm not back to normal yet. uggg. But with this one I live up north and was unable to go do anything while he was little. You will get there. Congrats you are getting there.
    tazzyt19

Answer by tazzyt19 at 12:22 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• With my first it took a year for my tummy to get close to what it was...then I got pregnant again. This time I'm doing ab work outs and I see it working but it never goes away as fast as we want it to! But it's only been 2.5 months. Everyone's body is different..plus you have to remember that it took 9 months for it to stretch out so just give yourself time and try not to stress about it.
    marsha78

Answer by marsha78 at 12:58 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Our OB/GYN's advice to wait one year before trying to conceive again...the reason. Our bodies take that long to return to "normal". It sounds like you are doing a great job with diet and exercise. Keep up the good work and it will pay off. take care.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:23 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• My son is a year. I've now lost all of the 70 lbs I gained, but I still have this yucky pouch of stretch mark covered skin on my belly. I am thinking it's here to stay...LOL.

MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:57 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• Hate to tell you but sometimes the sagging skin never goes away!! The stretch marks are still there too!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 7:40 AM on Jul. 2, 2008

• It depends on the person. My stomach went down right after my little girl. She may have been a month old. My cousin was the exact opposite. So it may depend on the person.
    mommyB830

Answer by mommyB830 at 9:28 PM on Jul. 2, 2008