20 weeks pregnant. Is there any bad reason a baby could move too much?

My baby has moved twice as much in the last 2 hours as she has the entire pregnancy or more!!!

I guess my mommy worry just kicks in ...I worry, could she be kicking b/c she is in distress?

I know, I know..my hormones are taking over my mind. lol But really, answer...lol

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 8:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• no it's okay. my lil baby now six months was sooo much fun in there! what a cutie all snuggly in my womb... music came on, flipped ansd squiggled around. HUNGRY?? moved so much i had to take mysel fdown to the kitchen and eat. eat eat!! pizzaaa! and then in the later months she would like burrow, with her arms, like she wanted to crawl or relieve the upside down pressure and just get out! but she wa s41 weeks along. and then was born,. Also, if you have eaten a lot of soda or sugar or candy this can do that too, so be in moderation, also caffeine. coca cola or pepsi or chocolate. or spicy foods, this coudl do it. sometimes they are just soooo HAPPY in there they are practicing for moving so cutely out here. THEn after the trauma of birth,m no matter how good it goes, they are so quiet... because out here, it is sooo different, overstimulating, dry, on the cold side and loud and BIG... so enjoy just enjoy
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nope- moving is a very good thing. It's when you don't feel them move that you need to worry. You're probably resting and have had a good meal... that gives the baby the best opportunity to play. :-) You're moving lulls them, more or less, and may cause them to settle a bit. Enjoy it. This is something you will miss.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you could call your doc.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 8:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't think so, but call your doc just to ease your mind and get a Dr.'s opinion.
    CarriePM

Answer by CarriePM at 8:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Hmmmmm I had a sort of spicy lunch...since it seems I can tolerate it now. Spicy is my fav.
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 8:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• after you eat also it gets them energiozed for a whiole. soon you will notice a pattern of sleeping and wakign to her movements so cute. remember no arguing and get away from stressful people... EVEN fetuses are aware of their mother's state opf MIND and whats goign on to their mother... (i had an abusive mean loud husband and they say even sooooooo distant and small, they KNOW. studies show. but just feed her good and talk to her in there!!! i used to always sing the same three songs and address her in the same way, so that when she came out, she has LOVED hearing these same songs and the yoo hoo i'd always do!!!!! i did it when they first put her near my head and she stopped crying right at borth when she heard me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010