Do you need a degree to start a private school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• No, but you do need skills, money, and business sense.

If you'd like, I invite you to join my CM business group.  Many of us have experience starting businesses.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I would think that you would need the money and the initiative. But then you would have to hire the people that have the education, experience and credentials.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Typically, if you want parents to sign their kids up with your school - you'll need teachers with education degrees and they'll be looking for someone with an education degree and experience as a principal starting a school.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Teachers at private schools don't have to have any degrees. I don't think you need a degree to start any kind of business if you have the know-how.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:21 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Great question! I really hope so :) Honestly if you have the money I don't think it matters... a private school is basically a business. The teachers need degrees.
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 8:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would think you dont gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 8:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You probably don't need a degree, but you need capital (a degree helps with business loans, especially if it is a school) and teachers willing to work for someone without a degree. I don't see a bank giving a loan to start a school if the owner doesn't have credentials, especially in this economic climate. However, if you have the money already, you are good to go...
    stringtheory

Answer by stringtheory at 8:41 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Every school has different requirements. I am sure they would look at the high school records & you would need excellent grades. Best of luck!!!

NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 1:40 AM on Sep. 23, 2010