Potty Training my 2 1/2 daughter

Okay so I just had my second child (a boy) 6 weeks ago, before I brought my son home my daughter was telling me when she needed to go to the bathroom, now however nothing is being said.
If I state "let's go potty" she screams. So I bought an egg timer thinking that would help and set it for every hour. NOPE she screamed and cried every time it went off. I put in training panties and she will just sit in it pee or poop. If I put on actual panties same thing.
I could really use some advise on how to proceed

bsherman

Asked by bsherman at 8:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With the new baby I would let it go for now
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i agree, just let it go for a bit. try again maybe in about a month and she will probably do better. we started training my son one month after we had our baby and he did fine. it takes time for such a big transition like a new baby.
    sweetjpea

Answer by sweetjpea at 9:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She probably feels that you are spending more time with the new baby and she doesn't understand why. She had you full attention how she doesn't, She a little confused. Just give her sometime to get use to the new baby and the new changes. Maybe dad should try working with her then she'll have a little focus of her own. Congratulation on the your bundle of joy and Good Luck with the potty training.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 2:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Yeah we are leaving it fora while. I went ahead and brought the singing potty out into the living room where I read it is good for the child to se, but since I am not working on the potty training I am trying to take away her binky but my hubby is freaking out that she might try to subsitute something else during the night.
    bsherman

Comment by bsherman (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Sep. 23, 2010