toddler wont sleep in her own bed! help!

its been about 5-6 WEEKS now, my 15 month old wont sleep in her own bed..we can get her to fall asleep(not very easy, but it does happen) in her own bed, but after about 2-3 hours she wakes up screaming and it usually takes a while to get her back to sleep..now if we get her back to sleep in HER bed, then we repeat this all night long..but if we put her in our bed shes out for the night, not even a whimper..shes never been a co-sleeping baby, and we have never had a problem with her sleeping all night...my husband and I are at our wits end! we dont know what to do..any advice or relations so we know were not the only one with this problem, would be very helpful! thank you!!

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you just have to be firm and gentle and fun. Say, NOWWW you are bigger or littler whatever works, and YOU GET (make it a privilege) to sleep in your OWN princess (or superhero) bed!!! Get her an awesom nightlight or she can pick it out. Get a special balnket. Get a NEW cool stufed animal she can pick out for this, have her call grandma or a relative (s) and TELL them she will be doign this., make it an event! like this saturday. get a glowy little clock in there too, even a lightstick. anyway, make it awesome for her to WANT to sleep in there, say you will check on her every half hour.... and she will fall asleep!! ALSO you should be READING to her on HER bed every night, she will get comfortable, bonded and sleepy i nher own rtoom and WANT to go to sleep. also put on very soft music in there (not tv tho). I never had these probs w/ my son or my six month old now. dont put her in your bed as a remedy anymore. say its parents'.
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 8:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm right there with you, I don't know what to do either. I always end up giving in and putting her in my bed just so I can go to sleep. I hope you find something that works for you.
    sunshineemommy

Answer by sunshineemommy at 8:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• it might take you about a good week but it worked for me my son had the same problem and what i did is i put him in his room every night even through he cryed and even through i cryed we got threw it one morning i found him sleep by my room door and that was the last night he got it and he was fine
    sweetie44

Answer by sweetie44 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My DD's dr. says that it is ok to let them cry their self to sleep as long as you keep checking in on them and there is nothing wrong such as dirty diaper or something. Usually after 15 min of crying my DD goes back to sleep on her own.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When my daughter was that age she went through the same thing. I would play her favorite song very low. Just enough for her to hear it. Turned on her night lite and left the room she fell a sleep in minutes. I also bought her a large stuffed animal. I slept with it for a few nights just to get my scent on it, I place it in her bed and the rest is history. Maybe you should give it a try. Good Luck!
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 1:48 AM on Sep. 23, 2010