for thise that take your girls to Ballet in their outfit.

ok this is our second time going she is 5. She wears her leotard and her tights she has a skirt as well (see through) it goes over her leotard and we put her shoes on there. Last week we put her clothes on and a pair of pants over top of them, but tomorrow is supose to be 88 degrees I feel that is to hot to put pants on over it. Can I take her with just her outfit on or should I put pants over it anyway?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes I would take my child in a bathing suit, so you must really hate the pool! BTW if you are driving her to class, then she is only walking from the car to the door, I dont get what the issue is! I have been in ballet for 12 years before I got married, and advanced pointe also, MOST people are not so freked out by their child wearing a leotard!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I take her in her leotard. We have the usual leotards, and one that is a tank and instead of the regular crotch, it's shorts, but still one piece. I would also take her out in bathing suit, when appropriate, like, on the way to the beach, pool, friends house where we'll be in the pool, etc.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't have a daughter in ballet, but my mothers next door to a dance studio for kids and those girls (all ages) are coming and going all day without clothes over their ballet outfits...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I mean the skirt ya she has a skirt on, but it is see through.

seriously?
    She's covered. what's the issue?

Would you take your 5 year old in a baithing suit out in public? That is almost what the leotard is.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 8:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• no i would put something over my child. to many frreeekkks out there. i think if u had to ask this question u not comfy with it anyways
    BellaDiamond

Answer by BellaDiamond at 9:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Oh, and if this REALLY bothers you, to take her out in her leotard, just put shorts over it, or a sundress.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When we took dance (now granted, it was 25 years ago) We wore the leotard, then my mom put shorts and a t shirt over it when it was hot out and we needed to go somewhere afterward. Even with the tights. Or you can get another skirt to put over top of the leotard if you are more comfortable that way. Otherwise, we just went in our leotard.

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I put a sundress over the leotard and tights. Put the skirt on there.
    It really depends on the studio. Some are lax and allow the students to come without something over their leotard and tights, others are very disciplined and require something over.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I did gymnastics, so I didn't wear the tights, but whenever I was outside the gym I wore shorts over my leotard, maybe a t-shirt if we were actually going inside somewhere.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 11:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• seriously?
    She's covered. what's the issue?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010