Newborn interaction?

I have a 2 week old and i feel like she is starting to wake up more.Im still getting used to playing with her and trying to be more interactive but i feel like im not doing enough. i feel guilty later becasue i dont want her to be bored with me! how much do you play with your newborn? i know she still needs her sleep but she hasnt stayed up for longer than 20 mins, and only about 3/4 of that time i am able to get her attention. suggestions?

hotmommy420

Asked by hotmommy420 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Just talk to her as you feed her

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Unfortunately there isn't a lot you can do with a baby that young! You can just sit her in her bouncy seat and do housework and let her watch you and talk or sing to her as you do it...or take her for walks, read her books (she won't even look at the book most likely but it will make you feel better!)...don't stress...my daughter is 16 months and we play ALL DAY and sometimes I miss those days of setting her in a chair and getting this house cleaned up!!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My son loved going outside at that age. As well as reading, music, singing, dancing, painting. YES I wrote painting ..... I have feet infant paints from my son since he was about a week old. Also don't forget how important tummy time is (once the umbilical is completely healed and dr. give you the ok).
    lmt_mom2010

Answer by lmt_mom2010 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 23, 2010