BURN DOWN!!!SMOKE SMELL!!!

OMG i almost burn my home down...my stove heats fast and we just moved to this new place and i had the oil heatimg...the moment i threw the fish in the oil...FUMMMMMM fire all over my stove micro cabinets...thank GOD i was able to water it up and put it out...
I DON'T THINK I EVER WANT TO COOK AGAIN...
Can someone help me what gets smoke smell out of the home...?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• oil floats on water so if you throw water on a grease fire you will only spread the fire around. You have to smother the fire to get it out safely. flour, baking soda, the lid for the pan, a wet rag... stuff like that will put it out quickly. :D
    mrsnikifrank

Answer by mrsnikifrank at 9:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OMG - Next time - DON"T PUT WATER ON A GREASE FIRE! You got lucky! Baking Soda for grease fires. As for the smoke...try spraying with a vinegar/water solution.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Wow! Thank your lucky stars that you and the kids are okay!!! I'd be freaked out too!

My parents had a house fire a few years back (close to four years ago now). It was a really bad fire and we had to have a professional crew come in and clean up. My parents had to move out for 5 weeks while they cleaned it up. They cleaned everything, pulled out the rugs, painted the walls, replaced the wood paneling, and it still smelled like smoke for a few months before it finally went away.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• why not water? omg i am so mad i burn my whole arm up i am hairless on my right arm...i feel so bad for my kids they freaked out the fire was like 3ft i think and felt like 7ft...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• funny thing is that i do have a extinguisher in my kitchen but my mind went blank...
    iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Sep. 22, 2010