Anyone else ever get a message like this before?

Got this message today from a person I've never had ANY contact with:

"Message:
i was wondering if you have any dvds that you wouldnt mind giving me for me and my family and exspecially my daughter for free she likes watching a movie b4 bed and we dont have many movies nor the money to buy them."

I think that''s just plain rude & tacky. Anyone else ever get things like this?

redfairy41

Asked by redfairy41 at 11:08 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in About CafeMom

• LOL!! My friend may ask that, but I've never had anyone calling and asking me that. I would just ignore the phone call. I do get emails hundreds of them asking for those kind of thing, or telling me they have those kind of things and are giving them way. But then again I'm a part of a freecycle group so I ask to get those emails, because that's what freecylce is about. GIVING away things I do not want; RECEIVING things they may not want, but I could use.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:12 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Hi RedFairy41,

Please report any inappropriate activity by clicking on the 'Contact Us' link at the very bottom of the page. You can also report posts on the group by clicking on 'report this post/reply' at the bottom of a post.

<< The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I'm with you Red. (I can see SAHMinIL point that she's in a freecycle group.) But otherwise it bothers me that they use their children to 'guilt' people into giving.
    Donna_Mommy

Answer by Donna_Mommy at 11:24 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• This was a message I got in my Cafemom inbox this weekend. Had never even heard of this member before she started begging for stuff.
    redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 20, 2008