PITBULLS...?!?!?!

how do you girlz feel about this kind of dog? how about pitbulls and kids in the same home?

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 8:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• ...I have a pitbul and it is the nicest sweetest animal you ever seen....i believe that it is all in how you treat and raise the animal...The only reason pits have a bad name is because they were used as gard dogs and then for fighting and people mistreated them because of they way they were built they were one of many dogs that were used for this purpose. But any animal can become aggressive if mistreated by their owners....My pit was with me before my children and when my children were born he protected them (not with aggression) he watch anyone and everyone who went near them...he actually walked up and watched what you did...He now sleeps in my 4 yrs bed and he will not get down if you tell him....he follows my girls around the house and if they fall he tends to lay down next to them until they stop crying even if it is at my feet....He treats them like they are his pups...
    sharonnacy

Answer by sharonnacy at 9:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I personally think that any dog can be aggressive. It's all in how it's raised.
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have a pit and she is now 10 years old. She was technically my first "child'. From the moment my odd came home and she is now seven she has been nothing but great with her. My ydd is three and jumps,pulls, lays on, and tries to ride her. Never any problems. My dog is one of the sweetest, most loving dogs I have ever come across. Now as to how "dangerous" pits can be it is actually proven that most fatal dog attacks are not pits but breeds confused with them. If people were more educated this would not occur. Also, their jaw is very strong which is why their attacks can be worse. The breed however associated with most bites/attacks is a cocker spaniel. You do have to train a pit right but that goes for any dog.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 9:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They have a really bad wrap but it taken care of properly they are one of the sweetest dogs. I don't like big dogs personally in my home but any one i have ever come across has been very nice and I think they have been judged to harshly. But I will say this wanna know what kind of dog you should avoid around children...Cocker spaniel and poodles....you wanna talk about mean little biting dogs cocker spaniels statistically are winning the race for most dog bites and aggresiveness. sure there smaller than pitbulls but i wouldnt let my young children to close to them.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My pitbull was the worlds biggest baby, he even walked around with a KONG doggie paci... Hed let the children do anything they wanted to when I was a teen, also when the female we had refused to nurse her puppies, he tried to take over. I would give anything in the world to have that dog back & almost 8 years later I am still mad at my mom for giving him away just bc she didn't want to travel with him when we moved....

Im totally fine with the breed. its not that breed that kills, its the stupid sob's that train the dogs to fight, that abuse & misuse the dogs that kills.

Pits are just like ANY OTHER KIND OF DOG....If its not raised right it will be mean.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This---My pitbull is the worlds biggest baby, he even walked around with a KONG doggie paci... Hed let the children do anything they wanted to when I was a teen, also when the female we had refused to nurse her puppies, he tried to take over. I would give anything in the world to have that dog back & almost 8 years later I am still mad at my mom for giving him away just bc she didn't want to travel with him when we moved....

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe it all depends on how a dog is brought up~~any dog that has teeth is capable of biting.
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 9:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i don't like dogs in general, and i dislike pitbulls even more. i think it's so strange the people who use their sweet pitbull as an example of how gentle they are. when you see the people on the news talking after a pitbull attacked or killed someone, they always say the dog was nice, sweet, gentle, etc. etc. they're always so shocked.... it's not like the dog was crazy and they were abusing it from the get go. i think that any dog is capable of turning on someone very quickly and without warning. pitbulls are just more dangerous because they are a little different biologically and that makes them more efficient at killing. o boy.... going to get lots of down votes for this, but i don't care. never let any dogs come around my children without a leash no matter how 'sweet' they are.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh princess don't worry everyone is entitle to there own opinions thank you for your view points...thanks to all the girlz...

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have two pit bull mixs. They are great dogs the older of the two sleeps with my daughter every night. The younger one sleeps in his crate. But they play great with my daughter.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010