Whats a great breastpump?

I want an electric. To be able to pump both breasts at the same time. I had avent before but it SUCKED. Any suggestions? I don't want it to be too expensive.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 9:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well, it's more expensive, but I love my Medala Pump in Style. But if you check Craigslist, you can usually find them for pretty cheap.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 9:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I love my medela
    Mommy2Gabrielle

Answer by Mommy2Gabrielle at 9:12 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I used a Medela Pump in style ( I think that's what it was called!) and it worked perfectly for me for a year, and I had borrowed it from my friend who had used it for a year before that. Neither of us ever had an issue with it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Medela Pump in Style is great, but it will be near $300 and it is not recommended to buy a used one.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanks, I will look into that. I would never but a used pump anyway. Doesn't seem sanitary to me.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I used the Medela Pump in Style also. It was great.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I got a playtex double breast pump towards the end of my pumping career with my last baby and i LOVED it, I got it from babies r us wasn't that expensive, less than $100, I used the playtex bottles with the drop ins so it was perfect, all the bottles fit it and the drop ins stored it and I could freeze them its wonderful!
    this is exactly it, they have the deluxe that comes with a bag and is more portable or something I didn't look but this is the one I got

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3247627
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 10:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Since it's been about 15 years since I had a great breast pump.. I looked up a more current comparison article for you... http://babyproducts.about.com/od/feedingdrinks/bb/breastpumpbuy.htm

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 11:00 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I forgot to mention that my first pump was an evenflo single battery powered pump and the ONLY reason I stopped using it was because it died after 5 yrs of ownership. I loved it, my kids weren't eager eaters, they were grazers, but it had an adjustable suction power knob dohickey that increased the suction and speed. It was awesome but I wanted a double pump and got the playtex one, bc I didn't like the way the evenflo was remodeled. Still 2 of the best purchases I have ever made, and for both inexpensive price tags, they are and were phenomenal pieces of equipment.
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 11:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I had an evenflo before. It was inexpensive and electric and was great. The only thing I didn't like was I could only pump one breast at a time andi was wasting milk because if one was stimulated the other would leak.
    reigndrops12689

Comment by reigndrops12689 (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Sep. 23, 2010