Anyone's toddler had roseola?

What was your experience like?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• High fever, very cranky kiddo for about 5 days, then a rash when the fever breaks.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 9:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• OMG I had to look this up! My baby gets exactly this ALOT I always assumed it was teething but the rash always threw me and I didn't think to talk to the dr about it bc like i said assumed it was teething...the rash he gets is little tiny rough bumps all over his chest belly and shoulders, he gets cranky and just cries for hours with no comforting besides holding him.......Thank you!

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/tc/roseola-topic-overview
    HTMommy

Answer by HTMommy at 9:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• She actually doesn't have a rash (yet), just a high fever with no other symptoms...from what I have read it sounds like roseola but i'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow... She is eating fine, drinking fine and happily playing but she's got this awful fever...it's been 2 days now. I'm medicating her when it gets over 102...
    stepmom929

Comment by stepmom929 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• spammyann - the last picture is great!

Thanks for those pictures of the rash...I'm keeping my eye out for it but from what I understand the fever has to break first and unfortunately that hasn't happened yet :(
    stepmom929

Comment by stepmom929 (original poster) at 9:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010