Wisdom teeth coming in and no insurance.

Basicly my health is shot from the get go, but now my wisdom teeth are coming in. I didn't get any sleep from the pain and now I'm trying to figure out what to do about it.
Anyone know of over the counter pain killers that will work until I can get insurance?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 11:09 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Health

• You might be able to make payment arrangements with the dentist or oral surgeon. Some will make arrangements, and some will give you a discount for paying cash. I'd check into it. I had wisdom teeth that were coming in impacted, and with not enough room, and there was nothing that would ease the pain when they were hurting. I was only 17, but I distinctly remember that my mother made payments on my surgury. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:25 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Well, basicaly you can get Tylonol or Aleve will work...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• if the wisdom teeth are coming in impacted nothings gonna completley work I took excedrin extra strength and put numing meds on it that are over the counter and it would only work for an hour or two
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 11:39 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• I went and got a loan from Carecredit and it was no interests one for a yr.. I just paid it off this past July. If you are interested in giving them a call and seeing what doctors they recommend around you i can give you the number...
    Anonymous

• p.s. I forgot to add that I'm having a bad time trying to find an insurance that will take me since I'm already sick. So if you know of a good insurance that might take me, let me know!
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 12:39 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My daughter is only 14 and her wisdom teeth are pushing through too. How old are you? Just out of curiosity? I know mine bothered me when they started to push through. I was about 17 and there was no room for them so they would go up and down and each time they came through, it was painful. I had them out when I was 19 and that was bad, but I do recommend it. I would take aleve or Ibuprofen until you can get it done. Tylenol is not likely to help a whole lot. I would seek an oral surgeon to see if they can do payments. No matter what, you will still have a balance with them because insurance isn't going to pay for all of it. Best of luck to you.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 12:56 PM on Oct. 20, 2008