is it me or is this how all kids are?

mine DD is 3 and ;ately she's been so whiny and hyper. she is constantly jumping around and off of the counch. she asks a question and i answer her and she says not it's not. then agree with whatever she's saying and she's like no its not. ugh. i feel bad because it seems like i'm always getting onto her about something because she is just all over the place. she used to be so calm and cooperative. now she is rebeling it seems like. is this normal? help!

iluvmybabe

Asked by iluvmybabe at 9:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I feel you. Mine drives me nuts a lot too- and she's just about 3. And I too feel bad, like I am always on her :( But I guess discipline is well-worth what you get out of it, you know? Keep on them and hopefully we'll wind up with happy, well-adjusted kids!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 9:46 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Normal! They say "terrible two's"...but theres also the "trying three's"! It's aggravating but it will pass :)
    PerfectLove910

Answer by PerfectLove910 at 9:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• My son's going through that. He's 2 1/2 and changes his mind every two minutes, and is always going nuts over something. And then it drives ME NUTS. Lol. i think its just the age.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 9:36 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• y3a 1 hav3 tw1n boys so th3y ar3 hyp3r and jump1ng around lik3 crazy cant stay still. th3y ar3 3 yrs old driv3s m3 crazy
    sexymami85

Answer by sexymami85 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• yes, it's the age. Try getting her to run and play outside- helps get the energy out of them. Stop arguing with her- it's so tempting, but in her mind she's just being silly. You can't reason with a 3 year old- just be her mom. Good luck- I'm a teacher but DD is 26 months, and she's starting already!!!!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 10:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Very normal :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 5:47 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• So very normal! I thought the the "terrible twos" were not so terrible and that I was a lucky mom. And then they turned three....YIKES!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:29 AM on Sep. 23, 2010