does anyone have advice on dating after a divorce ?

I have been divorced about two and half years and am 47 years old was married for 27 and half years so have not been on a date since the early 80's. Not sure how to go about it or best way to meet decent eligible men.

Faithful2408

Asked by Faithful2408 at 9:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm 54 and decided not to date after my divorce over 20 years ago. If you figure it out let me know. I decided to get a dog.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:43 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL at Gailll!! The only advice I can give you is to read that book: He's Just Not That Into You. That will prevent you from making many, many mistakes.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• just be careful. i will be 40 in the fall and am separated now. i know the book "The Rules" was awesome with me and my single friends in the 90s, has some good easy protocol and respectful tips to treat yourself right while out in the jungle!! lol
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 9:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Depending on where you live, I would try a singles group at a local church. But then again, even there you get some weirdos. Good luck.
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 10:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you could try online stuff, or at my mom's divorce recovery workshop two of the people are now getting married. Also be aware of the type of man that you divorced and why..and the men that you are dating
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 10:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• You should have your friends set you up with several dates. Have them to show you a picture and give information on each guy. That way you will be more relaxed and know what to except. They know what you have been through and who not to send your way. They also know what kind of man you want or need. Give it a try you just might be surprised. What do you have to lose? Even if you don't make a love connection atleast you'll have a few new friends.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 10:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• First I would go for a make over, make your self feel pretty. Even if it is just a new do or a refresh on your old one. Do good things, things you like to do. Swimming or cooking, find a hobby. Live your life good and have fun. Don't actively go out looking, just be good and do good things. Let friends and family know your open to new relationships.
    then thing is try to be your true genuine self. You will do okay.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Join a volunteer group or other activity where you might meet other people.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:01 AM on Sep. 23, 2010