PITBULLS...PART2

you girlz know a lot about pits so imma ask another question...about how big does this kind of dog gets...???
the reason for all this questions is that i just got one last wk his 10wks old only...and i have 3 kids...9yrs, 6yrs, and 2yrs...my 2yr old is on vacation with my mom and has not seen him yet till next wk...are they smart or did i get the goof ball...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Asked by iNk-FrEaK at 9:42 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Pets

• I have a pitbull puppy that is about 3 months old. Female pits are usually a little smaller but it also would depend on what kind of pitbull he is. Male dogs can range from 70-90 lbs full grown which makes them a medium to a large dog. They are a pretty smart breed which can make them a little hard to train but it takes patience in any case. Especially with little kids you need to make sure that the dog (any kind of dog for that matter) knows where his rank is in the family. When you take him outside make sure that he is the last to re-enter the house. He will nibble on hands and feet when he plays and sometimes hair if he can get to it lol. When playing with him though never lie on the ground and let him climb all over you it is dogs way of showing dominance and that would not be a good thing. Most of these things apply to most dogs. Pitbulls are great additions to any family.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 9:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have seen brilliant pits and goofy ones. even the smart ones act goofy. i love pit bulls, since we have a little one who may have allergies to dogs, I can't have one

he will be so much fun with your kids!
    jellis

Answer by jellis at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I don't know exact weights but they aren't huge. I have a small 2 bedroom townhouse condo and he fit with my hubby and 2 kids but he stunk up the whole place cuz he would sweat so much
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• They are all different depends on how they are raised. I would try him its not that hard to do it your self just takes some time. I have an extremly hyper pit that the kids cant play with because she is pretty rough but has never hurt one worse than a scratch. Make sure it gets lots of exersise and play time so that it wont be extremly hyper. They get pretty big depending on the parents but most arent all huge they are a large dog though the bigger the head is means the dog will be pretty big if it is more dimond shaped then round then it will more then likely be short and stocky. What kind do you know?
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Most I think are about 35-45 pounds (in my experience at least). They're an average size in height, but they are very thick. Most I've met have been just as goofy as they are smart. It's probably the mouth that makes us think they're silly.

Congrats on the new puppy. Pit bulls are a blast. :)
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 10:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my pit is full grown and is about 45 lbs and stands just above my knee. he is also great with kids!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• my pitbull is about 70lbs. hes a big boy =)
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 10:08 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Depends on the breed of pitbull and their genetic line
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• SOMEONE POSTED: ....Pits don't work with hitting, shock collars or anything of that nature for training....like i said they were meant to be watch dogs, turned into fighting because of their jaw power and strength... WHY NOT WITH HITS OR THE COLLARS?

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Mines is smart he goes outside when he needs to go in the most part or his cage when we don't open the door in time...ahhhhhhhhh and he goes out with no leash does his thing and comes back in...i guess i am lucky...lol

iNk-FrEaK

Comment by iNk-FrEaK (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010