Why is there such animosity between breastfeeding and formula feeding moms?

The baby is being fed, that is all that matters.

rhianna1708

Asked by rhianna1708 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Judgemental women.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:45 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• LOL, I know, right! Mostly from what I see on here, it's the breastfeeding moms trying to shove it down everyone's throats and I am not sure why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• because everyone thinks that they're right! lol. but i think it's the small outspoken minority that sets the stereotype for the whole group. it's annoying to have people think that i'm some kind of nut because i choose to ebf my kids. i don't care how you feed your kids just as long as you treat them good. if someone asks me what they should choose then i will recommend ebf, but it's not for everyone and i won't try to make them feel guilty for not doing it.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Guilt. I don't have any guilt about my babies being on formula after a few months. It was easier. They both have soooo many allergies, I would never have been able to pin point what was irritating their system via my diet. Turns out they are both allergic to wheat.....I would have never figured that one out by process of elimination in my diet. I figured it out when my baby at 8 months broke out into a rash just from touching wheat toast. When I took both my babies off wheat and started a glutten free diet their ezcema cleared up dramatically. Sorry, that has nothing to do with you question. But I am in no way guilty I couldn't BF for at least 6 months. Good for those mothers who can.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 9:48 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• some people just feel strongly about certain issues.
    i tried breastfeeding but gave up after a month & formula fed after. wish i would of stuck with it, & will try again next time but its really not something i get super emotional about.
    i get super emotional about women who give there babys away to strangers...
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• 1 th1nk that either way is fin3 p3opl3 Just th1nk that 1t 1s wrong not to breastfeed ur baby
    sexymami85

Answer by sexymami85 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• women who breastfeed think they are better or that those who don't breastfeed aren't doing what's best for the baby and some babies don't take to it. My daughter wouldn't because i was induced and didn't get milk for 3 weeks and i had planned on breastfeeding but by the time it came she refused it even if i pumped it in a bottle

and sometimes medicines your on make it so you can't breastfeed like people with asthma sometimes can't. My sisters inhaler made it so she couldn't and she couldn't switch cuz she tried.

some women might not think about it
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe the answer that spammyann gave is precisely why there is issues on here about it. She must be a BFing mom. It's always the BFing moms who stir crap up. Don't ask me why... Maybe because their boobs are all saggy and yucky???
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Unfortunately it's a small group of outspoken, judgmental women who love to speak their mind that make it so unpleasant for everyone else.
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 9:52 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Breastfeeding doesn't affect your boobs that way ANON..it has been scientifically proven. Hahahahah

And no it isn't always the breastfeeding moms. Sometimes, a BF mom will ask something and all the FF will chime in on how their babies are so healthy and how no one should have to try to BF and on and on.

Everyone thinks they are right.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010