so the power was out for what seemed like a million years..

and i realized I was woefully unprepared.

for having the power go out with a toddler. Blah.

toddlers plus candles equals mommy nuts time. Any solutions for a "better" storm kit?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 9:55 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Home & Garden

• REM (ready to eat meals) Coloring books and crayons for the kids. A battery powered radio
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• This is what we do... we have candles also and 4 fur babies and a 9 yr old...
    Candles are up high.... and we have a battery operating lamp (a camp lamp)
    Also put in a small back pack (and keep in a closet easy to get too) coloring books
    crayons, mini toys (that won't be missed and can stay there) carry a portable radio
    extra batteries and several flash lights (extra batteries) and a set of clothes for baby
    in bag along with a few diapers...
    snacks are good a box of cheerios (small ) ..
    If I know a storm is coming I put important papers in the bag and lock up and bag our
    laptops... camera... and a change of clothing for each including several cans of food for the
    cats... and yes it all can go in one bag... also a small first aide kit... most often this stuff isn't
    necessary, but it is good to know what you can get to quickly...
    Sorry... Dh is a firefighter...lol... I think it's burned into my head...lol...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Camping lanterns that run on batteries not fire. "Electric" candles. Those stick up push lights (my kids love them) We have twin two year olds. Fire is NOT GOOD! LOL!
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 2:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010