Help for a bedwetting child.

OKay since a lot of people have lashed out. We've taken him to a doctor adn have him in counseling.. he tells his counseler he does it when he gets in trouble, to get back at me. thats why im upset, the doctor says there is nothing wrong with him... so now what can i do to stop him form wetting his bed????????? He even got upset with me when he punched his sister, and I grounded him for that for the day, and he whipped it out and peed on his floor. so im not cold hearted, more like broken hearted cuz i do everything for him and we've gone through several beds. I think it was misunderstood before. if he does it at night i understand, some kids cant make it. IM talking the stuff he does on purpose, when he goes in time out and pees on my stairs, or on his bed, or his toybox, but thank you for making me feel like the scum of the earth.

SLVN_Jen

Asked by SLVN_Jen at 11:11 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• what kind of attention does he get when he does this, cause sometimes a kid will say its to get back at you for punishing him when in reality its for the attention as some would say the "attention high" he gets for doing something bad and getting the negative attention from it kids don't care wether its good or bad attention the next time he pees on the floor or on the bed clean it up without looking at him or saying anything the walk outside for 15 min uninterupted and refuse to give him any attention if that doesn't clear it up within a few days its probably psychological and a psychiatrist should look at him
    one_white_rose

Answer by one_white_rose at 11:17 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• The only way to save a mattress is to buy a nylon mattress cover. The spiteful stuff doesnt sound normal though. I would get another dr's opinion. It seems like he has a real problem and it really needs to be addressed by someone with the right experience. GL
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Ok...so you didn't explain fully...we moms made you feel terrible...that being said, the way you've explained it now makes it much easier to adequately understand what you are dealing with. I've worked with a 14 year old boy (has Autism) who does the same thing....we kept a cleaning kit (carpet cleaner, a brush, etc) just for him...every time he had an incident we made him clean it up. We limited his privacy to bathroom only...that meant no closing his bedroom door, not being in the computer room without supervision, etc. I would also highly recommend that you have him evaluated by a Psychiatrist, not just your Ped. he has some serious control issues, it could just be stubborness or it could be something more serious like Oppositional Defiance Disorder.
    Sorry that you were bashed, and I think I was probably among those who did the bashing. Unfortuately people need to make sure that they explain themselves fully......
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 2:13 PM on Oct. 20, 2008