is it normal to plan dates around sports?

We have only one day off together- mondays.i work graves tue-sat and he works 11-8 or 2-10's. I have been waiting patiently for him to plan a date for us (I was the one that always did it and finally got tired of it). We have not gone out much at all this summer, not even as a family. I planned on going to the comedy show at the casino and dinner this coming up monday night. I text him while hes at work stating that we ahve a date! his response "whos playing foot ballmonday night".? Made me feel like shit. I'm going with or without him, but I am tired of never having any alone time and everything revolves around sports- basketball or football. And yes, I have talked about it with him, never changes.I shouldn't have to "guilt" him into wanting to go out together. I have school in the mornings and we have kids so no, we can't really go out then.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Well u can either continue to put up with it or leave him. U can not change anybody, no matter how much u want them to.
    redrose36

Answer by redrose36 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Your frustrated that your husband doesn't want to spend quality with you. I say that if he doesn't see that you want alone time with him. Then plan a girls night out with your friends. Have an girls night out every chance you can. He'll start feeling like you and he'll want you to spend some alone time with him. Then the both of you will get what you deserve and want ALONE time. Try it and see how it works. You just might be surprise.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 10:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Maybe its just me, but I've learned to accept and even watch sports with my DH. He has his team that if they are playing, he's watching. I understand that. So either accept it and work around it, or B*tch about it, and get now where...your choice.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I never expect my DH to go out on nights when his team plays. (or mine...lol.) but if it is any other game, you bet your ass he is going somewhere with me. He is also horrible at planning dates. We planned on sushi and a movie for so long that now that we finally have a date set, I am pregnant and can't have sushi and pee too much to even wanna think about sitting through a movie. **sigh**
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:16 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• when you first meet you new he was in to sports so now you want a day together ,lots luck in that or you can do what i did turn off the tv, hear are the new rules for this house monday we are going out for fun and to talk if he still won't go time to call on your girl friends for night out and he can stay with the kids and make sure you talk to the kids to be them self yes he might get tierd of baby sitting but he can come along as long he does not talk about sports
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:26 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• good luck
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:57 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Is it the kids sports? If it's TV sports then that's what DVR and TIVO is for! Good Luck! My Hubby loves his football and on top of that all 3 of our boys play on 3 diffrent teams, so date night doen't come often for us either!
    mcme

Answer by mcme at 11:23 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I plan stuff around football and hockey, and I'm a chick!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:32 PM on Sep. 23, 2010