Where is the compassion for those less fortunate than yourself!!?

I'm disgusted by the lack of compassion towards families who are in hard times. I myself am worried my fiance will be laid off from work and we just found out I'm pregnant! Those who think you are better than the less fortunate should count your blessings and stop calling people thiefs for having hard times. It's disgusting! I hope to God you never know how it feels to go hungry for days so your kids can eat what little food you can afford.

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• where did that come from?
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry people are giving you a hard time. Ignore them. All that matters is that you know you guys are doing your best. You can't help what cards you draw in life.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:27 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Thanks Mommy of two388, we are doing well financially but just worried about making it through this layoff but for those who are less fortunate than myself need help and support, not told they are thiefs because they chose food over their electric bill or rent. I'm more standing up for those who are in hard times right now because it peeves me how people only care about themselves.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 10:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• So EVERYONE is lacking compassion? I can only speak for myself and sleep nights knowing we give VERY generously to a variety of charities. There are systems in place for those in need. You may want to check them out!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm with ya on this one!!! It would cost to much in childcare for me to go back to work so I'm a stay at home mommy (don't get me wrong I love it) but things are tight with having our new baby and all the expenses there, I'm worried about the upcomming months but were a familly and will get through it, I have them and thats what matters to me. we live very simple now and still look at the things we have around and realize how blessed we are for what we have! good luck!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Deciding to have a child when you are not financially prepared is irresponsible. Is it child abuse to have a child that you cannot provide for?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:33 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

I didn't say EVERYONE was lacking compassion. That is wonderful that you give to charities! We are not in need but thank you for the suggestion.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

When did I say we are not financially prepared? All I said is that we are worried about a potential lay off and that is a scary thought and that ANYONE can have their livelyhood ripped from under them. Security is sacred in this economy. Where is your compassion for those less fortunate?
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have compassion for those that are trying to take care of themselves. I am very upset by those that feel that the government and the people who work owe it to them to provide housing, food and health care for them.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:38 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Charities are overwhelmed with people in need. We give a lot to food pantries at the store I work at. There's never an end, it just seems to get worse. I see a lot more customers using food stamps now than even a year ago. A lot of jobs being cut out there. Things don;t look good where I live. And by the way, I could care less how my customers pay, just so they shop at my store because I need a job too!! They all get treated the same, I'm not here to judge them or their situation. Just cut back when & where you can, every little bit helps.
    Abytome

Answer by Abytome at 10:40 PM on Sep. 22, 2010