Just wondering

I have always wondered about this and maybe it is lack of knowledge on the subject...why do some moms choose not to have their children get vaccines? Is it really based off of internet research? i mean how many people get their vaccines and nothing went wrong? Personally, i do believe it is a personal choice and I do not want this to be a right or wrong conversation...just wanted to understand why not? I only had one mother tell me she did not believe it and it was based on internet research and she had no idea what sites or if they were true research or just made up...So, maybe some mothers out there can give me a better understanding....Please don't make this into a right or wrong...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd be happy to share the information that I used in researching vaccines if you want to send me a message, there's too much for it to fit here.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:50 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Beats me but it's none of my business how people raise their kids
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• i would like some insight on this too. the only person i know that doesnt vax got her info online from some .com site.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I almost died form a vaccine reaction and other family members have had other reactions like sudden fevers warranting long term hospital care, seizures, loss of mobility, etc.

Some religions do not believe in injection medicines like vaccines.

The FDA posts vaccine information on their website. You can read the trials of many vaccines and their ingredients. The CDC ppsts info on the instance of infection. I know women you selectively vaccinate based on low risk of infection.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:54 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Although there are different sides to this, I do know that schools do require for children to have the vaccinations in order to attend the school. I have heard of a few people that it almost killed them (although it's rare), but you just can't assume the worst based on just a few people.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:20 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• @amessageofhope: EVERY state has some form of exemption paper you can sign and your child can go to school unvaccinated. The school doesn't tell you that..you have to go do it on your own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:07 AM on Sep. 23, 2010