Is this weird?

My husband has a few buddies that we hang out with alot, and they (DH included) think it's funny to joke around about me. Not in a cruel fashion, just like, for example: Last night both buddies were over at the house, and since my DH is being deployed in January, they were saying things like "Don't worry, I'll take care of her *wink, wink* while you're gone." Or "Didn't you know I'll be moving in the day after you leave?" It wouldn't be so weird for me if I didn't know (and DH knows, too) that at least one of the guys is being halfway serious. Hubby thinks it's funny, and so do I, but is that normal?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:19 AM on Oct. 20, 2008 in Just for Fun

• What do guys do that is normal? If your at all uncomfortable with it then say so.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• (cont.) If these guys weren't his friends, I know he'd lay a smack down on them right then and there. Also, if *I* were to joke about the same things, it would be the start of WWIII in my home, LOL. Just wondering if anyone else's hubby has the same sense of humor.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:20 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Nope. My DH would be pissed. Although, I guess it depends on how close he is with the guys. And it probably makes him proud that he's got a wife that his friends wants to bang. lol.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Yeah, he's never said he's proud, but I think he might feel that way. Honestly, it's kind of flattering. LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:27 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Both me and my husband joke around like that with our friends.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 11:44 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• yeah my and my DH don't get jealous so there's always those kind of jokes in my house!
    maddoxsmommy605

Answer by maddoxsmommy605 at 11:58 AM on Oct. 20, 2008

• My DH does this too. He always makes comments to my friends or even just says hey beautiful when they walk in our house. I don't let it get to me because I trust not only him but my friends as well. We went to dinner with his brother and SIL on saturday and I sat in front with his brother as I am tall and have long legs...his SIL is short so she sat in back with my DH and he started saying how the two of them will get freaky back there alone...to which I replied that they should not make the mistake of thinking that his brother and I would not be getting ours too! It is all in fun as long as it doesn't go too far. I am not dumb enough to think no other woman would want my man...or that it could never happen. You just have to have a certain level of trust...don't get insulting..and always keep each other happy and then neither one of you will have reason to roam.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:24 PM on Oct. 20, 2008