What do you do when you're finally physically and emotionally drained?

For the past 2 months my kids have been sick back to back. My son may have a heart problem but we won't know for another month when he gets a heart echo done. He was suppose to have it done tomorrow but it had to be canceled because he was hospitalized today for high fever and he acted as if he was in tons of pain. He's only 14 months old. They did a chest x-ray, an IV, Catheter and 2 blood test. I was alone in all of this. My husbands deployed and my support system isn't really a supportive. I'm finally drained doing all of this alone with no one to also be there for me when I do need to cry. I had a break down at the hospital because I couldn't handle it any longer. I no longer know what to do. I'm drained but I still have to stay strong of my babies. My son is home tonight becuase they still can't find out what's wrong with him.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 11:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Health

• look don't give up. no, own that you are drained but not that you can't do it. i can relate my daughter had to have an MRI and i just left a domestic violent situation and have a PO against her dad! we were ony married a year! but she is so far ok... her scan was basically normal, have to measure her every month and go back at 9 months,. then every other week i drive 80 miles in the morning and afternoons, because i share my son with his dad, and he lives 35 minutes away and I take him there to school every monring. SO i know how you feel., SOOO many of us women are doign lots fo harsh things alone. you are here at cafe mom. take a shower, try to get even an hour or two more sleep at night (liek go to bed when kids do) and make lists. pray, it helps. do that every day. lok at your kids and smile because they are here to love us, teach us and open us to our own hearts and souls. my son used to have terrifyign asthma! but 7 now
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 11:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm sorry hun. :( You have through so much lately! You need good, restful sleep and some hugs. I can send you some virtual ones, for what little good it will do! *hugs*
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 11:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have never been through what you are giong through...but what I do when I get to the very drained point, is put on music...its my release... Fighter By Xtina Agulaira is a good one. Fancy by Reba Mcintire, anythign kinda rock or rap (Eminem is a fav) 'Stand in the Rain'' by Superchick - Mariah carey " make it through the rain" --- I will survive by Aretha
    if music doesnt help.. i go to the gym and run as fast as i can for as long as i can....i usually sleep great and wake up feeling a little better then the day before.

I hope this helps.....hang in there momma!
    GingerT

Answer by GingerT at 11:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Aw...I'm sorry to hear that! I'll pray for you to have the strength you need! It's hard I know. When my daughter was in the hospital (32 days in the NICU/ 10 weeks early) I played LOTS of Super Mario. For some reason jumping on all those "bad guys" made me feel a little better. I prayed alot and baked ALOT. Nothing really helped though. The hardest part for me was the feeling of being all alone bc no one else knows how you feel. I felt so guilty I couldn't be with my son and be there for him when My heart was with my baby...Sorry I have no suggestions but like I said I will pray for you and your family!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:11 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'm so sorry that you are having to go through all of this alone. They can't find out what is wrong with him? Have you thought of a second opinion? Do you have any friends or family nearby? I wish there was something I could do to help you. But, I will keep you all in my prayers.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:12 AM on Sep. 23, 2010