16 month old has had a fever for 2 days...she's asleep and still feels warm - do I wake her up to give her more Motrin or let her sleep??

Her fever was 103 at bedtime so I gave her tylenol and put her to bed. It's been 3 hours and she still feels warm...

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• ALWAYS let a sick baby sleep. If she wakes up then give her some and try to lay her back down
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I believe in letting them sleep.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I agree with mommy of two. Let her sleep. Resting is very important when baby is sick. She will wake up on her own once she gets uncomfortable from the fever.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• if she is sleeping that means the horrible fever hasnt woken her up because it is dangerously high yet.. but it will/might. you have to get off the tylenol it doesnt work,,, only childrens motrin works and i am waitin gofr my six month old to get to your daughter's agai so she can take motrin/ibuprofen. also, if it's been two days not really much breaking of fever she needs to see a doctor, or it coulod go to pneumonia or brain problems. please run when she is up a lukwarm bath, lay her in it (shallow) even if she cries or thinks its weird and slosh the watwer over her for five whole minutes, then get her out snd wrap her loosley in a towel. lay her down and she can put pajamas on, put a COLD washcloth on her forehead thisworks, bath and cloth, and wring out cloth when it becomes warm from body temp. GET pedialyte to combat loss of electrolytes and fluids duirign this fever time, it will work!!! also give chewable vitamins dly
    silverelf

Answer by silverelf at 11:14 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I think its best to let them stay sleeping thats the best the body has to fight off whatever it is that is making her have a temperature, also the temperature is always highest when they are sleeping or first wake up.
    Shani527

Answer by Shani527 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• When my daughter has a fever. I'll rub her in water down rubbing alcohol like on her feet, forehead and armpits. Which you can do while she's asleep. Believe me it works. If her fever continue to be over 103,you she take her to the doctor to be on the safe side.
    TwannaB.

Answer by TwannaB. at 12:18 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Let her rest.

As long as her fever is 101 and below, I wouldn't mess with it. Fever is the body's way of driving off whatever is infecting it. Unless the fever becomes high enough to endanger her health in itself or continues for more than a couple days in a row, then it's better for her developing immune system to let her run it for a little while.

103 in a toddler is scary, but it's actually pretty common. Even my ped said not to freak until they hit 105.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:45 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Let her sleep and just keep checking on her to make sure she is ok.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:43 AM on Sep. 24, 2010