Photography - Prices?

I am wanting to get family pictures taken at a local park, my friend offered to do it with one of her girl friends and said name your price and I'll let you know if it will work - so what should I offer?

This would only be for taking the pictures for like an hour or hour and a half of me, my son, and my 5 siblings... (mostly group pics, not a bunch of individuals)

They will put them on a CD and I will have to get prints made of them.

Thanks!

GingerT

Asked by GingerT at 11:04 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have a friend who does that for our playgroup, she does 20 minute sessions for about $30 for the cd of pics. For that long though I would pay $50, I doubt she would need 1hr to take the photos though.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 11:09 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• we have a few ladies whom do it locally, they charge between 50 to 75 for the session fee and then have different ways to order, one is like ur describing and the other is posted to a website that you order from, i would offer at least 50, if you are doing it with siblings they may chip in to help if you are worried about the cost, let her know when u quote the price that you asked around and what the general output was, tell her you want to make it worth her time and greatly appreciate her offer, somethimes really being appreciateive goes a long way! good luck hope they turn out good!
    fairytale2mommy

Answer by fairytale2mommy at 11:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I charge $200 for up to an hour and a half session time and disc of all images with basic editing.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Does your friend do photography on the side or is she just taking these more as a favor? If it's a favor $30-50. If she does photography on the side, $75-100.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Is your friend a professional? Find out what a professional charges and then give her a price break.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:16 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• I charge $10.00 a picture which is a lot cheaper than most would think. I also offer packages so ask aboout that too.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 12:29 PM on Sep. 23, 2010

• you should offer 150.00 for her time and helper
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:42 PM on Sep. 23, 2010