Would you say something or let it go ?

For the last 2 years my brother has dated ( engaged for the last year, living together for 6 months) ... At first there were problems because she acted very stuck up and was very rude to everyone in the family ( event old my mom who she was living with before they got a house that he didnt need his family anymore)... well for the last year I have been friends with her and trying to have a relationship with who i thought would be my sister ( in law) . For the last 2 months we have talked everyday - basically me reassuring her that my brother wasnt going to leave her and telling her everything would be ok - she had me believe he was a horrible person to her and that he was mean to her ( not physiclly) ... come to find out she has made it all up and . Friday night he ended things and Saturday morning she started dating one of his friends ! I feel hurt becuase we were actually becoming close and now I find out EVERYTHING she .....

AmericanaQueen

Asked by AmericanaQueen at 11:06 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• said was a lie. I was thinking of sending her a message and asking her why or just saying something........ the night they broke up she told me she loved me and the kids and wanted us to still be close but I havent heard a word from her since....
    AmericanaQueen

Comment by AmericanaQueen (original poster) at 11:07 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would ask her about it... how did you find out and was it a reliable source? If it was from your brother it maybe that he doesn't acknowledge his being mean. My brother broke up with a girlfriend that he was with for a year. He said that everything she said was a lie and it turned out that it was my brother was just angry that we still talked and didn't want me talking to his ex. Turns out everything she said he did was true but I didn't find out till his next girlfriend said the exact same thing about him and had never met his previous ex. So ultimately use your best judgement.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 11:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Let it go.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I found out through her ... I seen it on her facebook ( on her wall) talking to one of her friends and her status was had an amazing time on the date with *** guys name*** and changed her status from * engaged* to *single* to * in a relationship with** ..all within 24 hours.

and then because I basically took up for her with my brother and gave him a hard time about how he "treated her" .... he showed me the last text he got from her and she was saying how she "misses him treating her like a princess"
    AmericanaQueen

Comment by AmericanaQueen (original poster) at 11:17 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would let it go for now and if she tries to contact you then ask her. No use adding drama to any situation. Plus how would you know if she was telling the truth? You'd always be wondering if she was lying and that isn't a good relationship to have.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• you are right ( about not knowing if she would always be lying) .... It is just still bugging me, it almost feels like being cheated on or something lol
    AmericanaQueen

Comment by AmericanaQueen (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would just let it go.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 11:31 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Live, love, learn move on. Past tripping will not change any of the facts. Accept that it was just messed up. No sense fghting it. Stay in front of your own mirror and don't let other peoples' problems occupy space in your head. That is where you will find serenity. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 11:53 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Let it go because if she is going to treat you all that way then she doesn't deserve any of your time.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 11:57 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I say good riddance.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 22, 2010