Straightening a 2 year old hair????

Would you do it? Why or why not?
My sister is beyond pissed. Her sister in law straightened her 2 y/o daughters hair. I would be too. So would you do it?

BIMOM21

Asked by BIMOM21 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 22, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Honestly I wouldn't care if it was done with a iron. Once you give her a bath then her hair would turn back to curls.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 11:26 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• oh my goodness...umm..yes momma has every right to be upset...why on earth would you do that to a two year old child..im sure she didnt enjoy it...i thought i was crazy for worrying about using hair gel to help keep my little girls hair from getting frizzy! i would politely tell teh person that you prefer they not use something that is extremly hot next to your childs head again...def without permission..what are people thinking when it comes to others children these days..i get that raising chidren takes a village in todays society as we all have such busy lives, but there are still two people whom make the decisions for that child: they are called dad and mom! good luck!
    fairytale2mommy

Answer by fairytale2mommy at 11:30 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I'd be mad just because its potentially dangerous and she didnt even ask. was it a full size or one of the new mini hair straightners? ..I guess it doesnt really matter, I'd be upset either way
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:34 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Chemically? Or with an iron? Iron, no biggie, chemically, yeah, there's reason to be upset.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:15 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I have my daughters hair ( with an iron) ... she has wild hair and sometimes her curls are tame and sometimes they stick straight up... I dont do it often, just if her hair is crazy and we need to go somewhere
    AmericanaQueen

Answer by AmericanaQueen at 11:20 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• It was with an iron. It was done without permission.
    BIMOM21

Comment by BIMOM21 (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• I would be upset if it were done chemically or with an iron. I child that young does not sit still enough to ensure that they won't get burned by a hot iron. There is no need for it. Wait until they are older if you must.

Your sister has every right to be angry.
    ReachtotheStars

Answer by ReachtotheStars at 11:24 PM on Sep. 22, 2010

• Nooooooooooo! Girls remember that a straightening iron is HOT and leaves ur hair very HOT. It damages ur hair and makes it more weak. I would be livid if someone did that to my daughter.
    istealcookies

Answer by istealcookies at 12:05 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• Ditto to the above answers and I would question her judgment on what is appropriate for a 2 year old.
    mellonhead

Answer by mellonhead at 9:33 AM on Sep. 23, 2010

• i straighten my dd's hair from time to time....just adding something new to the 2 hairstyles that she wears i'm very careful about it, and never let her hair go while it's hot, i'd rather my hand be hot and a little sensitive for a little bit after than have her burned. yes, i would be mad if someone did that to my child without permission.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 9:55 AM on Sep. 23, 2010